Thursday 11 July 2013

Chilli Crab in Singapore

Possibly the most impressive National Dish in the world.  The kind of dish other countries look at and wish to claim it as their own;  the Singaporean Chilli Crab is up there among my favourite.  I had my first chilli crab in a hawker centre which I believe should be everybody's first experience of the dish.  No frills, just the crab and its powerful sauce.  Despite its name, it is not a particularly hot sauce; but its flavour is unmatched and works perfectly with the delicate crab meat.  Be careful though, I did slice my thumb open trying to get into the damn thing and the sauce certainly did not help the pain.  You will make a mess, you will have it all over your face and you will feel like everyone is watching you.  Totally worth it all.   

See my trip to Singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment